Kamaru Usman will look to erase all doubt in his rematch in opposition to Jorge Masvidal at UFC 261 on Saturday.
Usman (18-1, 8 KOs) dominated Masvidal (35-14, 16 KOs) at UFC 251 in July 2020 to retain his UFC welterweight belt, claiming 14 of 15 cumulative rounds scored by judges to win by unanimous resolution. But the best way Masvidal mentioned he ready for the battle — agreeing to the bout on six days’ discover and reportedly shedding 20 kilos to make weight — has left loads of arguing factors heading into Saturday’s rematch.
So, Usman will tackle Masvidal’s excuses as a lot because the fighter himself.
Usman has gained 17 straight fights, together with 13 within the UFC and three as its defending welterweight champion. Masvidal will enter the ring for the primary time since dropping to Usman final 12 months, although with lots extra time to organize forward of time.
Will that make all of the distinction the second time round? Or will Usman as soon as once more show to be the highest fighter within the welterweight division? Here’s what you’ll want to know in regards to the fighters’ rematch:
UFC 261 value: How a lot does Usman vs. Masvidal value?
The essential card for UFC 261 is accessible within the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription service for $69.99 or $89.99. That portion of the occasion begins at about 10 p.m.
Earlier fights on the undercard are viewable reside on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and UFC Fight Pass.
- Current yearly subscribers can get UFC for $69.99.
- Current month-to-month subscribers can get UFC 261 and an upgraded bundle at a reduced charge of $84.99. They may also buy the occasion itself for $69.99.
- New subscribers can get UFC 261 and a yearly subscription for $89.98, which is a financial savings of over 30 %.
What channel is UFC 261 on?
Viewers will have the ability to watch UFC 261 solely on ESPN+ PPV with an ESPN+ subscription.
Viewing choices will likely be cut up into three elements for UFC 261:
- Early prelims: ESPN2/ESPN+
- Prelims: ESPN/ESPN+
- Main card: ESPN+ (pay-per-view)
What time does Usman vs. Masvidal begin?
- Early prelims: 6 p.m. ET
- Prelims : 8 p.m. ET
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET
Usman vs. Masvidal is UFC 261 headliner, so it is unlikely they will make their ring walks till midnight. Below are the projected begin occasions for every of the playing cards at UFC 261: early prelims, prelims and the primary card.
UFC 261 battle card
- Danaa Batgeral vs. Kevin Natividad, bantamweights
- Kazula Vargas vs. Rongzhu, lightweights
- Aoriqileng vs. Jeffrey Molina, flyweights
- Liang Na vs. Ariane Carnelossi, girls’s strawweights
- Alex Oliveira vs. Randy Brown, welterweights
- Dwight Grant vs. Stefan Sekulic, welterweights
- Karl Roberson vs. Brendan Allen, middleweights
- Patrick Sabatini vs. Tristan Connelly, featherweights
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Jorge Masvidal, UFC welterweight championship battle
- Zhang Weili (c) vs. Rose namajunas, UFC girls’s strawweight championship battle
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Andrade, UFC girls’s flyweight championship battle
- Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman, middleweights
- Anthony Smith vs. Jim Crute, gentle heavyweights